Sign up for the Get R.E.A.L. Newsletter





Search This Blog

Friday, June 8, 2012

Forty Miles for a Cause

2007 Tour de Cure
2007 Tour de Cure (Photo credit: blossominc)
This Sunday, June 10, my husband, Dave, and I are participating in the Tour de Cure Bike Ride to benefit the American Diabetes Association. This is significant for several reasons:

  1. We have challenged ourselves to do a 40-mile ride on a day that's expected to be 85 degrees. Enough said. (Mom, there will be medics everywhere and I will not get hit by a car.)
  2. My wonderful husband has struggled for the last several years to recover from a botched surgery that damaged the nerve function in his leg. It's impacted his quality of life (as a former runner), made walking difficult, caused him to gain weight, and most importantly, zapped his confidence and self esteem. I signed us up for the Tour de Cure in January as an incentive for us both to get in shape. To date, he's lost 20 pounds and I've lost 7, and this past week he rode more than 100 miles in preparation for Sunday! Way to go, Honey!
  3. We are doing the ride in memory of Dave's mom, who endured the effects of diabetes for more than 20 years.

We hope you'll consider making a donation to help us stop this devastating disease.
Thank you!

 Robin and Dave Taney
 http://main.diabetes.org/goto/thetanks 

P.S. If you are a business owner, you can take advantage of my "Is Your Message for R.E.A.L?" deal, which includes a 30 minute PR consultation plus your choice of a press release, blog post, or PR plan for $35, all of which I'm donating to the Tour de Cure.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I may not always be able to respond personally, but I read (and take to heart) every one.